An exciting and fast-growing SaaS business in the heart of London is expanding their finance function with a strategic hire. They are looking to hire a Tax Accountant to join the business at a time of exponential growth.
Given their recent expansion into Asia, the USA, and Canada, with further expansion planned, this is a key hire for the business.
To manage tax accounting and tax reporting activities, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of underlying data and corporate tax compliance across countries.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- The refinement of process, procedures, and systems to continuously improve the efficiency of tax accounting activities
- To advise internal stakeholders about tax implications to inform business planning and decision making
- Awareness of the Finance business plan to appropriately align service delivery and to inform involvement in team business planning
- Participate in all internal meetings, as required, in order to share and develop strategy, knowledge and best practice
- Assist in liaison with tax authorities to handle disputes, tax recovery, and audit resolution
- Monitor tax legislation, regulations and rulings, interpreting and communicating to ensure that the implications of tax laws are known and the company meets its obligations
- Provide high-level advice, guidance and information on taxation matters to support decision making and improve understanding
- Maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, including tax authorities and internal and external auditors, to ensure service delivery meets expectations
- Advise on tax matters relating to operations, service companies and special purpose entities ensuring high-quality advice and guidance is given
- Undertaking some UK corporation tax compliance for the above entities
- Assist on ad hoc indirect taxation and employment taxation issues to ensure correct advice and guidance is provided
- Involvement in ad hoc projects to provide taxation input
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong tax accounting skills and experience
- Qualified Accountant, preferably ACA or equivalent
- At least ATT qualified with the desire to obtain CTA qualification;
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- A high level of numeracy and literacy
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage priorities to meet strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
If this is something that you are keen to hear more about, please do get in touch!