Senior Payroll Administrator
|Job Title:||Senior Payroll Administrator|
|Location:||London - Stratford|
|Salary:||£25,000 - £30,000|
|Contact Name:||Oscar Cabrera|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2017 09:49|
Summary of Responsibilities and Role
The Candidate Payroll is divided into three teams A, B and C, with each team supporting several teams of Sales Consultants across the business. Each Payroll Administrator will be responsible for the pay and bill operation for one of the three teams, ensuring that Candidates are paid “accurately” and “on time” and that Clients are invoiced correctly. Administrators are responsible for ensuring that the Candidate is issued with the appropriate contract and that all new starter paperwork is completed and returned by all PAYE, Limited and Umbrella Candidates before any payments are made. Customer Service is an extremely important function of the Candidate Services team and every effort should be made to ensure that a
- Ensure Candidates are set up correctly on Tempest (Pay and Bill system)
- Liaise with Consultants on a day to day basis with regard Candidate queries, issues
- Assisting in the processing of Timesheets and Expenses
- Managing e-mailed requests/queries received into the Candidate Services Inbox from candidates/consultants and third parties
- Raising pay and bill adjustments advised by Credit Control/Consultants/Candidates
- Processing Tax Forms/Student Loans /P45 requests and P45 clean up
- Calculate statutory payments, such as maternity, paternity and sick pay.
- Resending/confirming receipt of timesheets on an adhoc basis
- Disbursement of Payslips, Remittances, Self-bill invoices and the preparation of DX files once payroll is processed
- Calculate and process accurate manual payments to employees by CHAPS, BACS or Faster Payments, ensuring strict deadlines are met.
- Issue relevant tax forms.
- Handle and respond to discrepancies and queries relating to payroll.
- Maintaining and updating the Tempest Pay and Bill system and logging candidate communications on Pronet
- Prepare and create ad-hoc Client invoices
- Taking on additional teams to cover holiday leave/sickness
- Provide support and backup to the Candidate Services manager
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to demonstrate:
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills particularly use of payroll software, payroll systems and processes.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- A keen eye for accuracy and detail
- Good knowledge and understanding of payroll, PAYE
- Organised, logical and methodical approach. Capability to prioritise and multi-task
- Good verbal communication skills including a telephone manner that is engaging,
- articulate with ability to establish rapport
- Good timekeeping and ability to meet strict deadlines within a pressurised environment; ability to remain calm under pressure. On key days such as Tuesday this may involve staying late to ensure your desk is up-to-date and Wednesday this may involve coming in early to ensure payroll is sent on time
- Flexibility. Busy periods may require longer working hours
- Understanding and awareness of ongoing legislative changes which affect payroll
- Discretion - Administrators handle confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Ability to use own initiative.
Key Performance Indicators
Accuracy of work
Speed of work – there are numerous deadlines within the weekly pay cycle and these must be met throughout that cycle. It is vital that before you leave on Tuesday you are fully up-to-date
Punctual attendance – you must be at your desk ready to start at your allocated times.
Clear Desk Policy – your desk must be clear before you go each evening – so if for any reason systems go down overnight/you are unavailable for work , adopting the clear desk policy will cause minimal disruption/impact on the following days processes
Previous experience essential and typical qualifications may include:
- Good Payroll knowledge preferably within Recruitment
- GCSE Maths and English (Minimum Grade C).
- Previous experience which demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills.
- Previous Customer Service experience
- Good computer skills in Word and Excel and experience of using databases.