|Job title:||Payroll Specialist|
|Salary:||£25,000 - £35,000|
|Contact Name:||Tom Garratt|
|Job Published:||19 days ago|
Our client, a growing recruitment business are looking for a Payroll person to help maintain the smooth running of their payroll dept. The role will require someone to have good communication skills and experience in a fast-paced environment dealing with large volumes of data. The future of this role is a clear route to becoming a supervisor or manager that can grow a lean team!
This position will be vital in supporting the sales teams weekly reports and work very closely with the Accounts team to ensure timely and meaningful management information is produced. You will work very closely with the support of a great Head of Finance who will partner with you to develop the payroll function.
Previous recruitment sector experience is desirable. The business has a sociable and friendly working environment which allows people to be creative and thrive and this role will give an opportunity for someone to develop either down the accountancy or analytical route.
· Introduction of new processes and procedures to the InTime system
· Continuous improvement of the payroll function
· Weekly & Monthly processing of contractor payroll
· Data analysis – reviewing weekly figures and manipulating data to create reports
· Reporting on query handling times
· Calculating timesheets / hours
· Billing clients – raising and sending invoices
· Creating daily & weekly margin reports for sales teams
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
· Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
· Handling queries over the phone
· Raising pay and bill adjustments advised by Credit Control/Consultants/Candidates
· Resending/confirming receipt of timesheets on an adhoc basis
Key Performance Indicators
Accuracy of work
Speed of work – there are numerous deadlines within the weekly pay cycle and these must be met throughout that cycle
Punctual attendance – you must be at your desk ready to start at your allocated times.
Excel skills – basic formulas such as v look ups, pivot tables & sum-ifs
Previous experience essential and typical qualifications may include:
Good Payroll knowledge preferably within Recruitment
GCSE Maths and English (Minimum Grade C).
Previous experience which demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills.