|Job title:||Payroll Clerk|
|Salary:||£25,000 - £28,000|
|Contact Name:||William Birch|
|Job Published:||13 days ago|
Are you looking to join a forward-thinking and fast-growing organisation? Do you have considerable experience running payroll processes?
If so, you could be a great fit for our client, who are looking to add a Payroll Clerk to their finance function.
- Prepare monthly payroll summary from HR changes log for Finance Manager review and subsequent entry into Payroll software by the deadline.
- Update payroll records by entering approved changes in personal information, payments, deductions, loans, pensions, etc.
- Checking for changes to tax codes, student loan deductions and any other statutory changes each period ensuring records are maintained for all changes.
- Prepare reports for review by the Finance Manager by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, loans, and statutory payments.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee income and social security taxes and employer's social security using the payroll software.
- Send out payslips, P45s and commission statements on a monthly basis
- Provide P32 to Finance Manager for review and payment set up
- Process pension contributions on the provider portal and provide a reconciliation to the Finance Manager on the payment on a monthly basis within 5 days of the month-end.
- Assist in the preparation of all year-end returns and assist in the year-end process within deadlines
- Resolve payroll and commission discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Assisting with the administration of consultant timesheets to ensure these are submitted and approved on a timely and accurate basis.
- Reconciling nominal ledger balances with payroll to ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Preparation of commission statements for staff on a monthly basis
- Assist with the preparation of holiday pay accrual figures for management and year-end accounts
- Preparation of other payroll related reporting on an ad hoc basis as required e.g. headcount or gender pay gap reporting.
- Maintain and improve payroll systems and process documentation
- Experience of using Sage Payroll
- Experience of Microsoft Office in particular Excel and Outlook
- 1-2 years of solid payroll experience in an SME environment