Payroll and Contracts Supervisor
|Job Title:||Payroll and Contracts Supervisor|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||£30,000 - £35,000|
|Contact Name:||Dan Pallant|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2018 08:27|
Payroll and Compliance Supervisor (12 month Maternity Cover)
Central London, £30,000 - £35,000
An experienced payroll professional is required to cover maternity for a fixed term contract of 12 months. This role will suit an experienced payroll professional with strong relationship building skills, and an interest in improving internal processes. You will be responsible for leading a small team & remaining hands on in terms of process improvement.
Some of your responsibilities as payroll manager will include (but not limited to):
- Investigating and responding to complex contractor queries.
- Maintaining relationships with umbrella companies and contractors alike to ensure all information required is gathered on time
- Responsible for signing off contract documentation for, placements, extension deals, re-issues and end of contract paperwork.
- Understanding of overseas compliance and the documentation required for overseas jurisdictions. Able to spot when there is a potential tax compliance issue and a placement should be referred to Legal.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the team (keeping track of time-keeping, team cover over lunch breaks etc) and ensuring Manager is aware of any potential issues.
- Training the team on processes and procedures in line with the Managers instructions.
- Sending and checking the weekly/monthly payment runs’ (including batching, checking and finalising the timesheets and payment advices). Checking with the team if they are finished and delegating outstanding tasks (i.e. timesheets that should have been processed) to the team.
- Ensuring all of the weekly and monthly reports are accurate and sent to the business on time, every time.
- Handling consultant or department changes. Checking with CFO, FD, Finance and HR on the actual date the change should be made (vs the date of notification).
The role will be very customer facing and involve a great deal of integration with multiple business units. Therefore, you will have or be:
- Experience running or supervising high volume (circa 1000 contractors) weekly payroll
- Completed a variety of payroll including LTD company, umbrella and PAYE
- Experience with public sector contractors
- Previous management experience
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's