An international management consultancy is seeking a part-time financial controller to join their friendly, family-feel team. You would be reporting into an incredibly impressive COO, working with a part-time CFO and managing 3 direct reports with ownership over a wider team of 7.
- The company culture & values:
o Really inclusive and progressive business with a strong family-feel atmosphere.
o Beautiful, modern offices overlooking the marina.
o Excellent tenure in the support function - the result of a rewards-driven culture.
o A fun community feel with a breakfast club every morning, regular team trips to spin classes and aerobics classes, and lots of social, team-building activities.
o A grown-up, flexible working culture, with working from home options and a cooperative approach to work-life balance.
o 150 employees and £50m turnover and growing!
o 4 offices (including 1 international office).
o Sage Enterprise (after recently migrating).
The company is seeking a part-time financial controller to have autonomy over the full finance function. There is flexibility whether it will be 3 days per week or 4 days per week. We are also open to the successful candidate doing 3 or 4 days over 5 shorter days.
You will have ownership over the below responsibilities, although naturally some of the more basic tasks will be delegated to your wider team:
- Ensure that high-quality, value-adding management accounts are produced on a timely basis and in a format that is fully accessible to the senior management team and sales staff, including monthly P/L’s and all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Strive to be a key figure in transformational and evolutionary growth periods in the business.
- Provide insightful and value-adding strategic advice to the business.
- Directly manage 3 direct reports but have overall responsibility for a wider team of 7.
- Responsibility for the production of the statutory accounts across the UK and international entities.
- Management of the external audit in the international and UK and internal processes and procedures, including the management of the balance sheet and the year end audit process.
- Overall responsibility for all external reporting.
- Preparation of all monthly board pack.
- Evaluate the performance of the business from a financial perspective and be proactive in suggesting financial and operational improvements and recommendations to management.
- Consistently look to improve efficiencies and strengths of all financial processes.
- Maintain accurate weekly cashflow forecasts and talk management through them.
- Management of relationship with banks, ID provider and management of bank reconciliations (including foreign currency accounts).
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and depreciation policies.
- Produce a quarterly report for HMRC and manage VAT submittal and reconciliation of quarterly VAT returns.
- The successful candidate must have professional services sector experience.
- The successful candidates must have previous successful team management experience.
- Strong IT competency, with exposure to Sage Enterprise (X3) and Sage Payroll being beneficial.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills (formulae, pivot tables, v-lookups, sumifs).
- Previous experience running an audit is essential.
- International exposure is beneficial.