Operations & Finance Manager
|Job title:||Operations & Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£45,000 - £50,000|
|Contact Name:||Zoe West|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Are you a proficient, articulate Operations & Finance Manager with recruitment, executive search or professional services sector experience? Would you like the opportunity to join a luxury boutique Executive Search business?
My client is an impressive luxury fashion Executive Search business with an excellent reputation in the market and are looking for a proactive Operations & Finance Manager who is finance literate and has a good understanding of the Operations Function ideally with the recruitment sector. This is an exciting opportunity for the Operations and Finance Manager to join a successful business with a healthy profit margin and ambitious growth plans.
- Ensuring that appropriate HR policies and procedures are in place and maintained.
- Maximising the use of the new HR system, including managing employment contracts, pensions, supporting training and development, effective management of joiners and leavers, credit and compensation plans and ensuring that technology is used to simplify processes and procedures.
- Manage the probationary process in a proactive and timely way.
- Run regular training sessions with staff to create awareness of company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the board with regards to key areas of risk.
- Ensure the company is complying with policies and procedures and continually monitor processes and procedures to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Liaise with external accountants to ensure efficient and thorough processing of transactions
- Liaise with employees and the payroll team to resolve enquiries.
- Review Trial Balance on a monthly basis to ensure accurate coding and claiming VAT.
- Monitor debtors and liaise with credit control with regards to queries or areas of concern.
- Ensure set up as a supplier with new clients is agreed as per their terms.
- Review terms of business and sign off prior to them being issued to the client.
- Ensuring that the business operates within the law and managing (with advisers) any legal issues that may arise.
- Project manage the ongoing roll out of GDPR.
- Insurance – ensure that the business carries suitable insurances to cover all risks, managing renewals, liaising with suppliers and managing costs.
- Working closely with external suppliers, ensure that the business’ technologies are fit for purpose, cost effective and up to date.
- The ideal candidate will bring strong financial management skills.
- Must be degree educated.
- Prior experience working within a recruitment or services environment, where people are the assets of the business is essential.
- He/she must possess strong process and control skills, be a good Project Manager and be a self-starter who is comfortable working in the detail as this role does not initially have a team to manage.
- Prior experience leading functional areas of the business beyond finance will be helpful.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) are essential, as are knowledge of accounting systems, advanced spreadsheet skills and a generally good understanding of technology for business.
- Patience - to allow the Founders to build trust and handover the management of the back-office functions with confidence in the right individual.