Key Accounts Support Assistant
|Job Title:||Key Accounts Support Assistant|
|Salary:||£20,000 - £22,000|
|Contact Name:||Kianna Briggs|
|Job Published:||December 05, 2018 10:24|
Do you have experience communicating with clients and candidates? Do you thrive working in a fast paced environment? Do you want to join a company that is passionate about your personal development and ideas?
My client is a specialist recruitment consultancy with an excellent reputation in the market. They are looking for a Key Accounts Support assistant to join their dynamic operations team. As a Key Accounts Support Assistant you will be responsible for ensuring our clients' recruitment process is smooth, efficient and centralised within their office and across all their accounts. You will need to ensure that all candidates and clients experience a professional working relationship. This is an excellent opportunity for a recruitment coordinator or assistant to gain more exposure and be a massive impact in the business.
- Facilitating communication between the Account Manager’s and rest of the team to ensure jobs are issued on time and deadlines are met.
- Liaising with the consultants and the clients to book all candidate interviews promptly.
- Maintaining in real time, various Excel spreadsheets and internal databases (including Colleague / RAG / Interview Tracker), ensuring all information is up to date.
- Assisting with background/reference checking candidates in accordance with the individual client’s expectation.
- Assisting with the preparation of candidate CVs and relevant correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants.
- Manage the timesheet / Invoice process for all contractors – liaise with Accounts and Office Manager to ensure payments are made.
- Being responsible for certain clients, ensuring that the recruitment process is streamlined and efficient; clients subject to change.
- Assisting the Account Manager in any way possible to allow them more time to develop the clients.
- Representing the Account Manager when they are out of the office visiting clients.
- Highly personable with the ability to build relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- High levels of energy, enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Strong focus on customer service excellence.
- A good understanding of the best recruitment practices.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong sense of urgency and a dedicated work ethic.
- Ability to think logically in challenging and diverse situations.
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar role
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's