Head of Legal
|Job Title:||Head of Legal|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||£50,000 - £70,000|
|Contact Name:||Rudie Danso|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2019 12:49|
Are you organised, ambitious and hardworking? A spectacular opportunity to work at a vibrant recruitment company.
The Head of Legal is required to have overall responsibility for advising the company on all relevant legal matters.
They will be responsible for negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial contracts between the company and third parties, in addition to responding to day-to-day queries from the business on contractual, compliance, immigration and ad hoc matters.
The ideal candidate will be required to ensure the company remains compliant with relevant legislation and regulations, including GDPR, IR35 (in the public and private sector), Conduct Regulations, AWR etc. As head of the in-house legal function, you will also be responsible for all relevant management duties of the team.
- Assessing and reviewing the suitability and/or acceptability of client’s proposed terms of business, whilst achieving the right balance between limiting risk and achieving commercial sales objectives;
- Negotiating and drafting various commercial agreements, in addition to drafting internal documents and processes for supplier contracts, and updating standard documents (terms of business, NDA’s etc.) as appropriate;
- Ensuring that the business is compliant with and providing updates to senior stakeholders on all relevant legislation and regulations, in addition to providing training sessions across the business on any such legislative changes e.g. GDPR and compliance training;
- Key member of the GDPR team, with overall responsibility of Data Subject Access Requests, Data Erasure Requests and maintaining/ensuring compliance with all relevant policies and procedures;
- Deciding on and advising on all compliance matters including contractor visa status queries;
- Conducting and managing litigation for all necessary matters, from pre-action to trial;
- Maintaining adequate and appropriate insurance cover for the business at all times;
- Maintaining legal database of agreed terms and providing regular updates to the business
Person Specification :
- Qualified Solicitor/Legal Executive (4-8 years PQE);
- Strong working knowledge of commercial law, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements;
- Understanding of contract recruitment and relevant legislation/regulations, particularly GDPR and IR35;
- Experience with pre-action stages of litigation;
- Initiative – identify problems, propose solutions and make commercial but legally sound recommendations;
- Ability to communicate with and influence both internal and external customers whilst maintaining a diplomatic, fair but firm approach;
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills;
- A strong manager and team player who can work autonomously.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's