Head of Contracts and Compliance
|Job title:||Head of Contracts and Compliance|
|Salary:||£50,000 - £60,000|
|Contact Name:||Rudie Danso|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
Head of Contracts and Compliance
Are you an experienced contracts and compliance professional seeking their next exciting opportunity? Meticulous with strong commercial awareness? Then this is the role for you!
An amazing opportunity has arisen within a global specialist recruitment firm for a talented Head pf Contracts and Compliance to join the team. The purpose of this role is to act as the principal contracts and compliance advisor to the business and leading the contracts and compliance team, whilst ensuring the business complies with all regulatory and legal obligations in its jurisdictions. The successful candidate would also be responsible for ensuring contractual and compliance risk is managed and mitigated, and new legislations and regulations are anticipated and planned for to ensure the Group risk profile is contained
- Consistently apply due diligence and best endeavours to ensure all internally produced and/or published documentation is legally sound and compliant.
- Consistently to ensure the business fulfils and is compliant with all legal requirements and obligations internally across all departments and locations for internal employment law, employee handbook and corporate policies
- Consistently ensure all employee contracts are legally sound and compliant.
- Protects the Company, through best endeavours, from potential risk and exposure, such as employment tribunals, through effective risk mitigation planning, policies & procedures and governance.
- Establish and maintain, through best-endeavours, up-to-date employee processes and procedures as per the legal requirements and obligations of all Company Offices and locations (UK and International).
- Provide legal and HR advice and guidance across the business as appropriate to safeguard the Company and ensure legal compliance.
- Consistently ensure the business fulfils and is compliant with all legal requirements and obligations externally across all departments and locations.
- Proactively ensure all externally published and/or shared documentation is legally sound and compliant.
- Consistently ensure all contractual agreements and documentation with external clients and contractors is legally sound and compliant and does not expose the business to undue legal risk or exposure.
- Diligently protects the Company, from potential legal risk and exposure, such as lawsuits and legal tribunals, through effective risk mitigation planning, policies & procedures and governance.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date processes and procedures as per the legal requirements and obligations of all Company Offices and locations (UK and Internationally).
- Provide contractual and commercial advice and guidance to the board and staff as appropriate to safeguard the Company and ensure compliance.
- Carefully monitor and review all commercial agreements to identify and eradicate any legal risk or exposure to the Company
Line Management of Commercial Contracts and Compliance Staff :
- Carry out regular appraisals of staff to Identify skills gaps and opportunities, ensure team members have received the coaching, training and support required to carry out all tasks and develop their knowledge and understanding
- Support interviews and selection of new staff as appropriate.
- Supervise workloads and ensure effective and fair workflow across the team
- Support the formal Performance and Disciplinary Management of Team Members where appropriate / required.
- Team development and career progression planning.
- Drive ownership of projects, review and feedback on the delivery of projects and take ultimate ownership for completion to strict deadlines.
- Build strong, trusted advisor status relationships with other members of the senior management team and sales teams to become the go-to person for advice and query resolution.
- Maintain clear employee processes and guides for all Compliance related activities, and
- ensure appropriate supporting documentation is in place.
- Identify systems and processes for improvement, and implement innovative solutions to improve workflows and delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to translate legal requirements into workable business practices, processes and documentation as required.
- Good attention to detail and able to both review and produce relevant, accurate and legally-sound reports and documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Exercises and applies complete discretion, integrity and confidentiality at all times.
- Highly experienced in contract negotiation and management
- Highly detailed understanding of contractual terms and commercial risks
- A professional qualification in Contract Law (the UK or otherwise) would be desirable
- An understanding of employment law (the UK or otherwise) would be desirable
- Experienced team leader and manager
- Experience of new systems and process implementation
- Experience of managing senior stakeholders and Board level relationships