Commercial Finance Manager
|Job title:||Commercial Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£65,000 - £75,000|
|Contact Name:||Molly Hogan|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Commercial Finance Manager
PE-backed, international recruitment group
Private equity-backed, international, multi-hundred-million pound turnover, multi-brand recruitment group.
- Clear, planned and innovative growth ambitions? Check.
- International expansion – the business is looking to grow more of a global market share, with a focus on the US.
- Acquisitive growth – the business is growing via acquisitions. Most recently acquiring a really strategic international business.
- Heavy technological investment in all areas of the business.
- Further revenue streams – partnering with apps and technology providers to find different ways of monetising their existing relationships with various commercial projects.
- Culture? Check.
Welcoming and fast-paced culture with a really collegiate and ambitious team.
- Good career trajectory? Check.
I've placed two people into the finance functions of this group previously, and both roles initially became available because the two incumbents were progressed internally?
The role will act as a commercial business partner to the Managed Services Provider (MSP) division, being an important figure in helping to guide key business decisions.
- Working with a really entrepreneurial COO and reporting into the FD.
- Pricing new business and working with the sales team to work within acceptable risk parameters for the business.
- Lead commercial proposition for entry into new workfroce consultancy and managed service offerings.
- Being a key figure in the driver for technological change across the business.
- Business partner and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, some of which may not be finance literate, and helping them to commercially understand them and ultimately improve them.
- Critically evaluate the financial performance of the business and proactively bring to management’s attention areas of financial or operational inefficiency and recommendations for improvements.
- Establish a good working relationship between the front and back office functions, and between divisional operations and central functions, particularly around the management and development of IT systems.
- Work with the COO to evaluate strategic options for the division. There is a strong theme of supporting the COO in implementing improved use of technology to improve candidate and client experience and efficiency.
- Exposure to clients, actively partaking in client contract negotiations and acting as a commercial sounding board for contracts, bids and tenders negotiation.
- Budgeting, forecasting, and building and maintaining financial models.