Group Financial Controller
|Job Title:||Group Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£60,000 - £75,000|
|Contact Name:||Molly Hogan|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2019 12:19|
Group Financial Controller
A well-established 200-person marketing recruitment business is seeking a Group Financial Controller to join the business in a period of rapid growth to support the CFO in enacting their 5 year plan.
- 200-person marketing recruitment business headquartered in London with offices in Amsterdam, Sydney and Hong Kong.
- Have grown from 60 to 100 people in 5 years, and have forecast to grow to 400 people by 2022.
- Have exciting plans to expand their service line offerings and open up into new locations (the US and an office in Germany).
- Excellent culture in the business, promoting work-life balance and an inclusive, "one team" culture between sales and finance. Finance is very highly regarded in the business and are included on all of the sales incentives (including their annual ski trip abroad!).
- Inspire excellent tenure in the finance function (with the average tenure being 5 years).
The Group Financial Controller is responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the global finance function, comprising teams in London and Amsterdam as well as support staff in satellite offices in Sydney and Hong Kong. The role also includes a significant commercial aspect, with the Group Financial Controller acting as finance business partner for the Amsterdam managing director.
- Manage the FC in London and the FC in Amsterdam, along with 10 indirect reports under them.
- Produce the consolidated accounts on a monthly basis for the Group.
- Ad hoc board reporting and KPI analysis.
- Supporting the CFO in annual budgeting and forecasting process on a global basis.
- Business partnering with the directors across the UK and Amsterdam.
- Design compensation, commission and incentive schemes on an ad hoc basis.
- Supporting the CFO on various Group strategic projects.
- Opening up into the US and Germany.
- Corporate finance activity.
- Opening up new service lines.
- Act as key controller in the business, having overall oversit of cashflow management, ensuring a healthy working capital, oversight of the AP and AR functions and ensuring that the business is staying in line with budgets.
- Responsibility for the global audits, including management of the external third parties in relation to the outsourced statutory accounts and tax.
- International transfer pricing.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Experience in a Group position producing consolidated accounts, preferably on an international basis.
- Preferably with a history of showing strong academic prowess, ideally educated to a degree level (although not a necessity).
- Previous team management experience.
- Professional service sector experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's