Group Financial Controller
|Job title:||Group Financial Controller|
|Contact Name:||Molly Hogan|
|Job Published:||12 days ago|
A 100-person Executive Search firm is seeking a Group Financial Controller to join their growing and impressive team in an exciting period of international growth in the business.
- A 110-employee Executive Search firm that specialises in placing C-suite level candidates.
- Their fees are between £50k-£500k.
- The company is headquartered in London, with offices also in San Francisco, Berlin and Hong Kong.
- They have so far expanded on an amalgamation of M&A and organic growth.
- Expanding further internationally, with plans to open up more offices across Europe and the US.
- The business is currently in an impressive growth trajectory, having grown from 70 employees to 100 this year and forecast to hit 150 in headcount next year.
- They’ve experienced great organic growth but are also looking at a number of options in M&A activity.
- The long-term vision is eventually to get investment from a PE-house in 5-10 years, but currently, all of their investment stems from their own funs (they’re in an incredibly positive, cash-rich position).
- We have a great relationship with the business, having placed the CFO, MD, Head of IT and incumbent Group Financial Controller.
- The company has a really social culture, with quarterly company events and socials. There’s a heavy emphasis on looking after people and charitable work.
The Group Financial Controller is responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the finance function, comprising of a Senior Management Accountant and an Assistant Accountant. The role also includes a commercial aspect, with the Group Financial Controller supporting the Group CFO develop global strategy.
- Preparation and review of monthly group management accounts across the group.
- Board reporting, including commentary, variance analysis, KPIs, trend analysis.
- Implementing and improving group financial controls and processes.
- Management of cash flow, treasury and working capital.
- Managing relationships with banks on a global scale and the ID faciltiy.
- Oversight of payroll and commission calculations.
- Responsible for the production of statutory accounts and year end audit.
- Supporting the CFO in group budgeting and forecasting process.
- Business partner with the senior management team to deliver business financial objectives.
- Support of CFO on various strategic projects, including international expansion.
- A hands-on aspect to the role, assisting the team in credit control and transaction finance.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Professional services sector experience.
- People management experience (at least a team of 1+)