Group Financial Controller
|Job title:||Group Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£70,000 - £90,000|
|Contact Name:||Tom Garratt|
|Job Published:||25 days ago|
Our client is a growing, private equity backed professional services firm who are looking to add a commercially minded accounting professional as their Financial Controller.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for financial reporting, cash-flow management, budgeting & forecasting, and managing the annual statutory account filings and audit process.
This role will be suited ideally to someone coming from a practice background with at least 2-3 years’ experience working in a service based industry. Due to the technical nature of this role, the ACA qualification is also preferred.
Given the entrepreneurial leadership team within the business they will be looking for a strong communicator who can manage upwards with internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Preparing Statutory accounts & report filings on an annual basis
• Assist with P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flow and budget analysis
• Continuous improvement of internal processes and accounting policies to ensure efficiency
• Work closely with the senior management team to drive strategy and offer sound financial advice
• Produce a comprehensive management pack alongside the CFO to provide accurate financial information
• Oversight of KPI reporting to generate meaningful MI for the monthly management meetings
• Review of annual budgeting process for the business
• Management of company cash flow across the business
• Preparation of statutory accounts to the highest degree of accuracy
• Manage relationships with auditors and be a key point of contact for them
• Involvement in M&A and investment opportunities the business looks to take on alongside the CFO
• Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA) with a strong academic background
• Strong interpersonal skills & an ability to communicate well with senior management
• Experience of audit & group consolidations
• Experience in a top 20 practice is desirable but not essential
• Driven and hard working
• Strong excel skills