Group Financial Accountant
|Job title:||Group Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£50,000 - £65,000|
|Contact Name:||Tom Garratt|
|Job Published:||30 days ago|
Group Financial Accountant – Multi-National, Private Equity backed business
Do you have a strong technical accounting background in industry or practice but want to join a growing, acquisitive private equity backed firm?
Are you fully qualified from practice and looking to hone your skills in a group function of an industry business?
Working as part of a high performing financial reporting team, this role will have immediate exposure to senior stakeholders and involve building solid relationships with the wider business, providing key information to enable improvements to business performance. You will promote and ensure compliance with group policy and IFRS accounting standards across the organisation.
You will have ownership for & provide thought leadership regarding all technical accounting matters as well as responsibility for cash forecasting so as to take to the next level the cash forecasting & capabilities within the finance team.
In addition, the Group is embarking on a major upgrade of all financial systems & you will be involved in the design, build & test stages of this ERP project.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Preparing Statutory accounts for all UK entities
• Review & sign off all non-UK subsidiary statutory accounts
• Ensuring that all accounting standards are met and comply with IFRS
• Work closely with the auditors and the internal financial reporting team
• Follow through all financial annual audits and understand deadlines
• Work closely with the reporting team to complete the monthly board packs
• Consolidation of group financial results & commentary
• Responsibility for the 13 weekly cash flow forecast
• Monitor groups FX exposure & put in place hedging strategies
• Prepare ad hoc share valuations
• Prepare technical accounting papers for the Board
• Responsible for Group Insurance renewal
• Preparing the indirect cashflow forecast & commentary
• Responsibility for quarterly covenant reporting to lender syndicate
• Design, implement & maintain a group wide revenue recognition review process for all new contracts
• Act as trusted advisor to the FP&A team in respect of all technical accounting issues and both drive forward adherence to & act as control point for all accounting standards matters
• Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA) with a strong academic background
• Excellent knowledge of IFRS
• Strong interpersonal skills & an ability to communicate well with senior management
• Experience of audit & group consolidations
• Experience in a top 20 practice is desirable but not essential
• Driven and hard working
• Strong excel skills
‘Why work for us?’
• Private Equity backed business with a strong leadership team driving growth globally
• Modern approach to work / life balance and flexible working
• Progress your career by working with some highly experienced stakeholders and being developed by a brilliant manager
• Autonomy to be an integral partner to the businesses and expand industry knowledge
• Licence to improve processes and suggest improvements to drive growth and performance