|Job Title:||Group Counsel|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £50,000|
|Contact Name:||Tom Garratt|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2020 15:49|
Our client is a private equity backed firm based in Central London who are going through an extended period of growth and looking to bring in an experienced or newly qualified Legal professional.
This role aims to provide commercial legal advice to the group and board on all matters of law, to include employment, commercial, contractual and property. Where legal matters require specialists in either different countries or niche skills, the Group Solicitor will be responsible for the cost-effective management of any resource engaged.
- Provide commercial legal input into new contracts presented to the company bu clients and suppliers
- Assist with client negotiations on legal matters
- Implement a control process and document storage solution for client contracts
- Commercial Law responsibilities such as share schemes, property & secreterial matters
- Review, advise and change the businesses T’s&C’s.
- Work closely with the Contracts & Compliance department to provide training & support
- Assist HR & the board with employment matters
- Ensure that all group compliance (led by the Contractor Compliance Manager) is in line with best practice for the specific countries that the group operates.
- Adhering to Visa policies, GDPR and other legislation
- Stay up to date with current legilsation changes and employment law
- Client disputes - Assist credit control with client disputes as and when required, even if this assistance extends to sourcing an appropriate debt collection service
- Develop a network of external advisors with pre-agreed rates and specialisms by country and legal discipline to ensure adequate resources
Skills / Attributes
- Must be a qualified solicitor within either commercial, contractual or employment law disciplines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Strong relationship building skills – working key internal and external stakeholders
- Good work ethic
- Commercially minded
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's