|Job title:||Group Controller|
|Salary:||£80,000 - £120,000|
|Contact Name:||Harry Hewson|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Group Financial Controller
Are you a driven and ambitious Financial Controller looking for a value-adding role? Are you looking for the opportunity to work with impressive international clients? Do you live in, or can you relocate to sunny Los Angeles for a new, challenging role?
A rapidly-growing and entrepreneurial firm is looking for a dynamic individual to join them at an incredibly exciting time in the business. With a clearly defined growth strategy, the business is continuing to gain momentum through growing its existing sites and launching new offices worldwide.
With a forward-thinking approach, the business focuses on hiring and retaining top talent and offers a clear path to progression to a key senior leadership role.
This exciting Group Controller role with be based in the firm’s modern Head Office in LA and will report into their impressive Group CFO. You will be responsible for overseeing the finance team and will work closely with the board of directors and sales leaders across the globe to influence the strategic direction of the business.
- Oversee, assess and develop the finance function where necessary.
- Final review of monthly financial statements and reconciliations.
- Oversee annual audit.
- Budgeting and forecasting for all US and international subsidiaries.
- Manage daily cash flow and projections.
- Oversee contractor payroll.
- Host weekly accounts receivable calls.
- Approve AP payment runs.
- Oversee worker’s compensation insurance policies and review monthly reporting.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- Assist the CFO and operational board with future M&A activity.
- Advise senior leaders on viability of new offices and play a key role in the opening of international offices and explore strategies for entering new markets.
- Assisting the CFO with ad hoc projects.
- Debt refinancing where necessary.
- Build up a strong network of internal and external advisors, from banks to auditors to get the best deals and value for money.
- Manage relationships with the Board of Directors and Sales Leaders, challenging and resolving queries to deliver growth across each entity.
- Work with clients with adverse risk profiles and review and determine appropriate credit limits.
- Act as a strategic business partner to all levels of stakeholders, integrating commercial and financial leadership.
- Drive the efficiency of the financial reporting through continuous process improvement.
- Develop and implement new accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage the development of new financial models and reporting packages.
- Maintain tight financial controls across the business.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a corporate finance function.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required and education to CPA/Master’s degree level is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to present financial information to individuals at all levels of a business in an accessible manner.
- Advanced excel skills, with the ability to model and manipulate data quickly and efficiently.
- Experience within the professional services sector (Media, Legal, Marketing, PR, Facilities, Architecture, Recruitment or Consulting).
- Proven managerial experience.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Big 4 or Accounting Practice is desired but not essential.