|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£75,000 - £90,000|
|Contact Name:||JJ Higgins|
|Job Published:||December 10, 2019 19:13|
How high up your company’s list of priorities is work-life balance? For many firms it ranks somewhere below upgrading the coffee machine. But some people are lucky enough to work for a business that truly understands the value of employee wellbeing. Camino Partners are representing one such company, a distinguished law firm in the heart of London, in their search for their next Financial Controller, after the incumbent was progressed internally.
Offering perks such as private medical insurance, company-wide health initiatives and the chance to do charitable work on company time, the firm certainly appreciates the benefits of happy and fulfilled employees. This extends to immensely enjoyable parties, held three time a year, and the company’s efforts are reflected in the excellent tenure of its employees, with half of its current partners having trained at the firm.
The Financial Controller position is a no.2 position in the function, involving:
- Overseeing production of management and statutory accounts
- Responsibility over key controls
- Managing a team of 3, including two accountants
- Liaising with the CFO and Head of Financial Operations on commercial finance and strategy
- Business partnering – working alongside senior stakeholders in departments including Marketing and IT and practice managers to boost performance and help guide key decision making
- Deputise for the CFO, including representing them in meetings where required
- Co-ordination of the annual budget setting process
- Providing analysis of industry trends and insights to the management team and wider business
The successful candidate will be:
- A qualified accountant
- Possessing experience in the legal sector
- Experienced in managing a team
- Confident in communicating with senior stakeholders and explaining financial concepts
- Proactive and detail-orientated
The company are looking to interview suitable candidates as soon as possible so don’t hesitate to apply if this role is right for you.