|Job title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£55,000 - £65,000|
|Contact Name:||Molly Hogan|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
An SME recruitment business with defined strategy and growth plan, are looking to hire a sole financial controller to spearhead growth, be an integral member of the board, and be hands-on in the day-to-day running of the finance function.
This role will very much be a blank slate, helping the CFO to build the finance function and finance team from the ground up. It will vary day-to-day, being a very hands-on role whilst also advising owners and investors during board meetings and preparing for PE investment.
The role will be incredibly varied but will include responsibilities such as:
- A complete review of back-office systems and implementation of potential new accounting packages, including more automation and streamlining of the reporting tool and CRM
- Budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis as well as producing and completing monthly management accounts.
- Working closely with the CFO producing due diligence in Q4 of this year during the PE-backing.
- KPI analysis weekly and re-forecasting, liaising with multiple divisional heads
- Monthly board packs and strategic input at board meetings
- Currently managing a team of one, but would soon build that out further.
- Assisting the CFO in developing and carrying out financial and operational strategy across the business.
- Business partner with senior sales staff across the business.
- Management of banking facility and relationship.
- Work with the CFO producing statutory accounts and managing the audit process at year-end.
You will be or have:
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified accountant or qualified by experience.
- SME experience is essential.
- Happy to be hands-on whilst also able to manage a team and take on higher-level tasks.
- Experience in the recruitment sector would be ideal, but able to consider anyone with professional services sector experience.