|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£55,000 - £65,000|
|Contact Name:||Molly Hogan|
|Job Published:||July 22, 2019 14:15|
An SME recruitment business with defined strategy and growth plan, are looking to hire a sole financial controller to spearhead growth, be an integral member of the board, and be hands-on in the day-to-day running of the finance function.
This role will very much be a blank slate, helping the CFO to build the finance function and finance team from the ground up. It will vary day-to-day, being a very hands-on role whilst also advising owners and investors during board meetings and preparing for PE investment.
The role will be incredibly varied but will include responsibilities such as:
- A complete review of back-office systems and implementation of potential new accounting packages, including more automation and streamlining of the reporting tool and CRM
- Budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis as well as producing and completing monthly management accounts.
- Working closely with the CFO producing due diligence in Q4 of this year during the PE-backing.
- KPI analysis weekly and re-forecasting, liaising with multiple divisional heads
- Monthly board packs and strategic input at board meetings
- Currently managing a team of one, but would soon build that out further.
- Assisting the CFO in developing and carrying out financial and operational strategy across the business.
- Business partner with senior sales staff across the business.
- Management of banking facility and relationship.
- Work with the CFO producing statutory accounts and managing the audit process at year-end.
You will be or have:
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified accountant or qualified by experience.
- SME experience is essential.
- Happy to be hands-on whilst also able to manage a team and take on higher-level tasks.
- Experience in the recruitment sector would be ideal, but able to consider anyone with professional services sector experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's