|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||£65,000 - £80,000|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Pallant|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2019 16:21|
Financial Controller/FD Designate
Our client, an international SME staffing business, is searching for a highly ambitious and driven finance professional to join them at an exciting time – with a transaction on the horizon and the need for a new number 1 to drive that exit. This role will be commercial; focusing on partnering with sales staff and divisional heads within the business – producing detailed KPI analysis and supporting sales directors with performance improvement.
You will be mentored by a hugely experienced FD, and when ready, not only take the reins on finance – but also compliance and IT. You will become an integral member of the board, and be able to push back against demanding directors, as well as present to private equity backers. This is an exceptional role and a rare opportunity for a progressive accountant with 3-4 years FC experience, ready to take a step up.
The role will oversee day-to-day accounting, but more realistically focus on partnering and performance analysis. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing monthly management accounts, adding any necessary comments
- Presenting to the board monthly, as well as regular meetings with external investors (VC backed)
- Direct management of credit manager and management accountant (each with a few reports of their own)
- Budgeting and forecasting, with innovation to re-design forecasting procedures as well as consultant commission structures
- Cash flow management and audit preparation
You will have or be:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified accountant
- Experience in an SME recruitment business, ideally contractor driven
- Able to perform in a fast-paced sales environment and therefore be versatile and adaptable
- An energetic individual, who can integrate into a diverse office
- International experience would be ideal
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, then don’t hesitate to get in touch/apply!