|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£70,000 - £90,000|
|Contact Name:||Michael Lavery|
|Job Published:||March 18, 2019 10:46|
Financial Controller/ Finance Director designate
My client is an ambitious and growing professional services businesses with multiple offices nationally. You will initially be taking the lead in all operational aspects of the firm working closely with the current Finance Director. However, you will be taking a lot more active role in management and running of the finance team and assist with driving the business forward. You will become over time a key person and position on board of the business.
Your initial responsibilities:
- Review of the day to day finance function controls, procedures and reporting with full autonomy to implement new systems or processes.
- Oversee all the firm’s transactions.
- Review of monthly and financial reports and continuously looking for ways to optimise the way financial information is produced for stakeholders.
- Development of management reports business partnering with senior management on the performance of the fee-earners.
- Ensure compliance with relevant taxation laws and policies.
You will slowly take on:
- Provide all strategic leadership and direction from a financial perspective of the firm’s operations and wellbeing.
- Partner closely with department managers on their departments performance and how they can improve and impact positively.
- Design KPI frameworks that provide a clear insight into the overall business performance.
- Become a key business leader regarding merger and growth discussions with the board.
- Take ownership for the firm’s annual budgeting process and production of statutory accounts.
- Liaise with and managing the relationship with the auditors.
- Be an active member of the Senior Management Team, reporting on progress against financial objectives and key operational issues.
- Ensure all commercial controls are adhered to without having an impact on the strategic objectives of the firm.
- Develop the finance term and ensure that the finance function provides high quality financial statistics at all times.
You will have:
This is a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment and somebody who is commercially focused and has the aptitude and credibility to operate with senior stakeholders and lead a team to fulfil the strategic ambitions of the members.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with at least 6 years PQE.
- Excellent technical financial skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Have experience in identifying and implementing operational efficiencies.
- Previous experience leading multiple financial projects.
- In depth knowledge of regulatory financial frameworks.
- Strong team management background having managed a team of over 5 people in the past.
- Computer literate across all Microsoft packages and strong financial software experience.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Strong interpersonal skills building transparent relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritise and demonstrate flexibility to ensure workload is completed.
- Have the confidence to challenge senior leaders, while maintaining a positive working relationship.
- Strongly exhibit our four corporate values of respect, excellence, freedom and fun.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's