|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£55,000 - £70,000|
|Contact Name:||Michael Lavery|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2018 10:24|
My client is a rapidly growing professional services business based in the heart of central London. As the Financial Controller you be reporting directly into the CFO. The role will be critical in leading the finance team in the delivery of high quality information to internal and external stakeholders. The individual will be hands on and a self-starter, working proactively to drive high quality processes throughout all aspects of finance for this fast growth business.
What are we looking for?
- A hands on individual
- Provide leadership to the finance team and work collaboratively with the CFO
- Help deliver cash management success and balance sheet management over the short and long term
- Help build a first-class finance function worthy of a high-growth and ambitious firm
- Work effectively in lively dynamic team/office environment
- Provide timely and accurate budgets, financial trends, revenues, costs and P&L forecasts
- Responsible for the full monthly management and statutory reporting for the division, including monthly report packs with commentary.
- Proven track record in high growth businesses
- Assist the CFO in driving change across the group
- Interest in M & A
Some of your key responsibilities as FC will be:
- Oversee Payroll, credit control and management accounts functions
- Develop a well-structured finance unit with clearly communicated responsibilities to the company, with accuracy and professionalism in mind always.
- Responsible for the review of all finance processes, continually improving ways of working where necessary to increase efficiency of function
- Ensure financial systems are robust and support current activities and future growth
- Produce weekly and monthly reports that stand up to thorough investigation.
- To be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the monthly management accounts and assist with the preparation of the annual statutory accounts.
- Produce sales & NFI forecasts
- Have a deep understanding and control over cashflow
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Able to motivate a finance team and develop the skill set of those beneath as well as being an approachable figure and demonstrate good management skills
- Able to make a significant contribution to the commercial aspects of the business with a strategic mindset
- Happy to work within an SME environment
This is a great opportunity for an experienced finance professional to join an inspiring business and learn from an impressive figure as well as mentoring a team below.