|Job title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £60,000|
|Contact Name:||Tom Garratt|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Our client is a high-growth services business based in Kent. They are part of a larger group, but due to considerable growth are now looking to hire a Financial Controller to add commercial acumen and improve systems within their finance function. The new hire will need to be hands-on and happy working in a growing SME environment with a broad range of duties.
With ambitious plans and entrepreneurial owners, they are looking to take off quickly, and will need a solid back office function to support this. The Financial Controller will be charged with growing and developing a lean function that can provide high quality services whilst generating relevant MI on a weekly and monthly basis to support business growth. This position will report into a Group Finance Director, who will offer plenty of support and mentoring.
Given the speed at which the business plans to grow the right candidate needs to be dynamic and have the ability to work in a fast moving, ever changing environment whilst being able to manage key stakeholder relationships.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
· All the finance, accounting and management responsibilities traditionally associated with a Financial Controller
· Helping prepare the month end packs alongside the Group FD
· Business partnering with the Managing Director to identify areas for continuous improvement
· Project based work to improve internal systems and technologies for the business
· Growing and developing a back office function to be more efficient
· Oversight of the Payroll, Billing and Credit Control process for the business
· Oversight of the Accounts Payable function (expenses, reconciliations etc)
· Implementation of internal finance systems and controls
· Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with at least 2 years’ post qualification experience.
· Extensive team management experience
· Experience of managing the finances for a growing SME
· Advanced Excel skills (V/HLUs, Pivots etc)
· Commercially minded finance professional
· Confident and coherent communication skills
· Experience of handling senior stakeholders relationships
· Passionate about technology & processes within a finance function