|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£45,000 - £55,000|
|Contact Name:||JJ Higgins|
|Job Published:||December 10, 2019 19:19|
Are you a Financial Accountant looking to take the next step in your career? Camino Partners is recruiting for an exciting position with managerial responsibility in a top 50 law firm. The role involves the oversight and mentorship of a junior accountant, giving you the chance to gain management experience, essential for any ambitious finance professionals seeking a pathway to a senior management position.
The company is a well-established law firm, in a prime central London location and enjoying a rich history. Drawing on this distinguished past, they are embracing the challenges of the modern world with vigour and agility, having grown by approximately 40% over the past 5 years, with plans to expand by a further 50% over the next 5 years.
They place a strong emphasis on employee well-being, including social and health initiatives. The company enjoys excellent tenure across its departments, demonstrating the appreciation their staff feel and the opportunities for progression the firm offers.
The Financial Accountant will:
- Manage an assistant accountant
- Deputise for the Financial Controller and represent Finance in meetings with stakeholders and fee earners as required
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior members of the finance function
- Liaise with the Financial Controller and CFO to create and implement a long-term strategy for the department
- Prepare the company’s annual statutory accounts
- Manage the monthly balance sheet
- Work with the Financial Controller to manage appropriate controls
- Manage partner reserves accounting
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns
The successful candidate for Financial Controller will be:
- A qualified accountant with experience in the legal sector
- Experienced in working with a practice management system
- Confident in using Excel
- Well-organised and attentive to detail
The company are looking to interview suitable candidates as soon as possible so don’t hesitate to apply if this role is right for you