Finance Manager (SME Recruitment Business)
|Job title:||Finance Manager (SME Recruitment Business)|
|Location:||The City, London|
|Salary:||£50,000 - £65,000/year|
|Contact Name:||Molly Hogan|
|Job Published:||30 days ago|
The business is a fast-growth, scale-up recruitment business based in London. The business is aspiring to grow from 25 heads to 50 heads in the next 12 months.
The last 18 months for the business have been a really transformative period – hiring an accomplished and inspiring MD, a recent move to stunning offices in London with a roof terrace overlooking The City, improving the EBITDA of the business exponentially and hiring a number of new, aspirational heads to the team. The company has had one of the most impressive stories of positive change I’ve seen, in such a short period of time.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to join the business, as they’ve recently had a number of record-breaking months (in what is supposed to be their quietest period!), indicative of the success they have forecast for the remainder of 2019.
- Finance Manager, reporting directly into the CEO.
- Managing a finance team of 2, made up of:
- Finance Assistant
- Payroll Manager
- Providing development, support and leadership to the finance team.
- Take pride in your work, always look for ways to implement improvements to the finance function, specifically around automating processes.
- Produce insightful financial information in order to guide the board’s business decision-making.
- Produce timely and accurate monthly management accounts.
- Produce a monthly board pack for the board and present the financial information in an accessible manner.
- Understand the importance of building strong relationships across the business, feel comfortable business partnering at all levels of the business.
- Exercise total financial management across the business, including:
- Taking an integrated, hands-on approach to ensuring that debtor days are consistently being reduced.
- Cashflow management.
- Creating insightful budgets and forecasting reports for the board.
- Be able to articulate and advise on the allocation of resources, including where to grow the finance team where appropriate.
- Overview of the payroll and credit control functions, ensuring that both are done accurately and maintained to a good standard.
- Receive consistent and regular mentorship from an external CFO.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified, or actively studying.
- Previous recruitment sector experience.
- The successful candidate will be engaging and able to build relationships across all levels of seniority, ambitious and want to grow with an organisation, principled and honest, and able to command gravitas in the role.