Finance Director - M & A - Temp to perm
|Job Title:||Finance Director - M & A - Temp to perm|
|Contact Name:||Harry Hewson|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2018 09:06|
Are you an ambitious and knowledgeable finance director with experience in leading a company through an acquisition? Are you looking to work in a niche yet highly successful business that is rapidly growing? Are you looking to work closely with the owners of a firm and represent them and the company when liaising with external stakeholders?
Established just 5 years ago, this company offers training courses and apprenticeships for individuals of all levels and deliver high-quality training solutions to employers across the nation.
My client was initially established by its founders when they identified a lack of skilled workers in the across a number of industries. After realising the main reason for this was the lack of available training opportunities, they created the company to provide fully funded apprenticeships and commercial training to individuals from all backgrounds in the UK. They work closely with a number of government entities both in the UK and internationally, and also partner with leading qualification providers.
This is a very exciting time to join the business as they are offering the opportunity to be involved in the company’s first M&A activity. They are looking to have completed their deal with a private equity house and be acquired by the end of the year.
This person will have the opportunity to step into a c-suite position if the role is made permanent following the acquisition.
This is an interim role, with the potential to go permanent, that offers the opportunity to bring rigour to the finance function while working closely with the current owners of the business to ensure their best interests are kept at the heart of the deal.
Duties will include all traditional Finance Director responsibilities with a focus on corporatising the finance function ready for the company’s acquisition.
- Lead the finance function through the acquisition of the company.
- Manage and develop the finance function to create a robust and self-sufficient team with tight control over technical aspects of the function.
- Partner closely with the owners of the business to build a deep understanding of their wants and needs from the company following the acquisition.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders from the private equity house while prioritising the needs of the current owners.
- Overseeing the financial accounting, management information and ensuring the timely and accurate production of all figures to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the due diligence process.
- Potential for the role to become permanent with the chance for this individual to take over all operational responsibilities traditionally associated with a CFO and the opportunity to receive equity in the business.
What you need
- Previous experience working in a private equity-backed business is essential.
- Experience working in the training industry or a related sector is desirable.
- M&A experience.
- Fully ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's