|Job Title:||Finance Assistant|
|Salary:||£24,000 - £29,000 Plus Study Support|
|Contact Name:||Connor Rumpson|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2020 15:10|
The successful candidate will join an existing team at the Company’s prestigious London HQ and will be responsible for billing and payment processes of the companies within their group - and for providing accounting support to the Financial Controller.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the Financial Controller in preparing various accounting and management information including payroll and personal expense claims, VAT returns and management accounts for various companies within the group.
- The raising of sales invoices to new and renewing members and for other services offered such as training
- The management of the direct debit payment process for new and renewing members as appropriate
- Support as required to the credit-control process
- Purchase invoice processing including credit card purchases
- The management of the petty cash
- Providing general office administration support when needed
The key skills we are looking for are:
- Accountancy: You need a good level of accounting knowledge, ideally studying for or having an accounting qualification such as AAT. In addition, some knowledge of accounting applications, such as Xero, would be ideal but not mandatory;
- Comms: You will need to be able to explain coherently to others, who may not be familiar with finance & accountancy, how our processes work but also communicate effectively & positively within the team
- Accuracy: It should go without saying that an eye-for-detail is a fundamental element of this role;
- Time Management: Our Client is a fast-paced organisation so you will need to be excellent at handling time-sensitive issues and working to tight deadlines within the Dept.;
- Self-motivated; Working within a small team at the Company, you’ll need to be respectful of other people’s deadlines and therefore the successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, pro-active and happy to work alone if necessary;
Our client prides themselves on the fun and friendly culture adopted within their offices, and have been voted a “great place to work” various times.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's