Deputy Finance Manager / Senior Legal Cashier
|Job title:||Deputy Finance Manager / Senior Legal Cashier|
|Salary:||£27,000 - £36,000|
|Contact Name:||Molly Hogan|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Deputy Finance Manager
Boutique, Collegiate Law Firm
"In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun" - Mary Poppins
This law firm has been running for well over a century and now has about 100 people based in their office in London. They pride themselves on their boutique and personal approach both in how they interact with their clients and how their culture has formed over the years. Something I've noticed is just how much a work environment is moulded and influenced by the leaders. To quote a member of their team:
"The Managing Partner is a natural leader, people really respect him and he has a genuine interest in HR and people. Whatever role or level you are, he takes an interest in you and your career."
But, the Managing Partner isn't the only leader in the business. What about your future line manager? To quote another member of the team:
"The Finance Manager is really supportive and helpful, very non-hierarchical and always happy to get their hands dirty - people genuinely really enjoy working with them."
It's good to work with great people, but you need a successful company that's going to be beneficial for your career too. They're multiple-award winning, extremely profitable and also have a culture that listens to your ideas and is open to new ways of doing things and being adaptable. They're also really well known in the market for having exceptionally good work-life balance policies.
This is an opportunity for the person joining the Deputy Finance Manager role to be part of enacting real change in the business. And this is how...
"Change is good" - Rafiki, The Lion King
The Finance Manager is moving into more of a strategic role over the next 18 months and will be mentoring and coaching the Deputy Finance Manager to take over more senior duties in that timeframe. There is a really clear career path and trajectory available for this person.
However, the role will initially involve:
- Ownership of the client creation and administration of anti-money laundering issues.
- Regular administration of residual balances and interest on money held.
- Responsibility for archiving and file retrieval processes.
- Dealing with all aspects of the billing process.
- Oversight of timesheet entries.
- Daily checking of bank accounts and dealing with money movements.
- Arrangement of supplier payments and associated processes.
- Credit card and petty cash management.
- General support and liaison with the accounts team and other members of firm.
The successful candidate will provide direct support to the Finance Manager in keeping the transactional side of the accounts function running smoothly, while also supervising the Accounts Assistant, along with daily interaction with all members of the firm.
"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now" - Edna Mode, The Incredibles
Edna's right, it isn't always great to focus on the past and we encourage people with a wide range of experience to apply. That being said, the following past experience would be highly desirable:
- 3+ years' experience within the legal sector.
- Previous experience within a boutique or SME law firm.
- Personable, articulate and emotionally intelligent.
- Working knowledge and understanding of SRA and how they work in practice, client and office account transactions, nominal accounts and journals to balance sheet and P&L level.
- A qualification from ILFM is beneficial but certainly not a must!
- Previous management experience is beneficial but certainly not a must!
"Today is a good day to try" - Quasimodo, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Don't worry about COVID-19 slowing down your job search, this is going to be a fairly quick moving process and the first stage will likely involve video technology, so apply or get in touch to learn more as soon as possible.