Data Protection Officer (DPO)
|Job Title:||Data Protection Officer (DPO)|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £60,000|
|Contact Name:||Oscar Cabrera|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2018 13:49|
Our client, a market-leading recruitment business based in the heart of London, is on the look out for a proactive and experienced professional, who can guide the company to promote a ‘data protection culture’ throughout. This is a brand new and highly influential position in the business, with the chance for the successful applicant to promote General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) across the business’ brands and limit the risks to data subjects.
Applicants are expected to provide substantial knowledge around data protection laws, along with a foundational understanding of the recruitment sector.
- Handling data protection policies and procedures across the group
- Being the go-to person for advice from colleagues for all levels of the business in terms of data protection
- Updating data impact assessments in line with GDPR
- Working alongside senior management to promote awareness around data security risks.
- Developing strategies to reform the business culture around data protection
- Handling investigations and processing reports regarding any breaches of data
- Confirming and auditing compliance around all operating businesses with regards to data retention policies
- Working with the marketing function to ensure marketing activity is compatible with GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
- Background based around data protection law
- Commercial knowledge based around the recruitment sector
- Strong communication skills – able to work alongside key stakeholders across the business