|Job title:||Credit Controller|
|Salary:||£24,000 - £30,000|
|Contact Name:||Tom Garratt|
|Job Published:||24 days ago|
Our client is a fast growth, professional services business based in Central London. They are expanding quickly so will need extra support within their Credit Control dept.
Over the next 12-18 months the business is likely to grow further which could lead to Senior or Supervisory responsibilities and extra learning opportunities.
This business has a fun & sociable culture so the individual will need to be confident and want to get involved with all areas of the business and deal with multiple key stakeholders.
- Liaising with clients on a daily basis by phone and email in order to obtain payment for invoices
- Allocating payments received into our factoring bank account on a daily basis. Payments are allocated onto our accounting system
- Log onto our client’s online timesheet/invoice portals to obtain remittances for payments, as well as generating invoices for certain clients on a daily to weekly basis
- Complete credit checks on any new clients to verify they are in a position to maintain payments on their invoices
- Uploading data to our factoring bank website on a weekly basis
- Investigate all queries relating to invoices, be it rates, hours worked etc
- Deposit client cheques on a weekly basis
- Possibility of engaging and liaising with our solicitors if unable to obtain payment from clients in regards to aged debt.
The ideal candidate should also:
- Have impeccable attention to detail as making mistakes on the cash allocations, invoicing and banking uploads are extremely time consuming to fix and usually involve a financial hit.
- Experience of various Vendor portals is a plus
- Have a basic understanding of the finance process, knowing why aged debt is problematic to a business.
- Be confident in using their own initiative.
- Time management and multi-tasking, knowing which customers require constant attention and foreseeing potential problems early.
- Excellent communication skills – A nice phone manner and articulate in writing emails, also knowing when a friendly chatty approach or a stern threatening approach is required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a variety of industries, of a similar nature to recruitment.
- Hard Working, Target driven, Punctual, Sociable.